Happy Monday, folks!
Exciting game last night, wasn’t it? Actually, who am I kidding. I don’t even give a fig about football. I only care about the commercials and the super bowl spread. My husband brought me with him to one of his friend’s Super Bowl party…and the spread…I was actually quite impressed! We feasted on 3 different types of polish / smoked sausages, hot wings, I contributed homemade meatball sandwiches, veggie crudité with homemade spinach dip, and to top it all off…Hoosier Mama’s chocolate, peanut butter, banana and pretzel PIE! Oh gosh…such awesome eating last night =).
Anyway, wanted to share with you another quick dinner recipe! Normally, I would bake the chicken but I wanted to sear both sides on my shiny new stainless steel All-Clad pan! I’m slowly in the process of replacing all my pots and pans with really good quality ones. A friend told me there is no need to get an entire All Clad set but just to get the key essential items. And get this! I got my 12″ All Clad pan for $75 (originally retailed for $140)!! at HOMEGOODS!! Man, I love that store! I’m keeping my eyes peeled for the 7.5 quart Le Creuset or Staub dutch oven and will have to keep checking back at that store. WHY pay full retail price for these kitchenware when you can practically get them for nearly half off? Yeah, yeah, the ones that end up at HomeGoods and at the outlets have some sort of slight cosmetic defect but it sure doesn’t make my food taste any less. The cashier lady secretly whispered to me that there’s a truck fully loaded with dutch ovens and pans delivering tonight so I shall be taking another trip out there tomorrow.
Now let’s move on to this fabulously delicious and easy recipe! This recipe is adapted from an old issue of Real Simple Magazine. I added my own twist to this and made it more liking to my taste.
Rosemary Chicken and Cannelini Bean Bake
- 4 to 6 chicken leg quarters with skin and bone
- 2 cans cannelini beans, drain and rinsed
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon of minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh sage
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomato
- course salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 kale leaves, chopped thinly
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in skillet or pan, sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken, then add to heated pan. Sear both sides for 4 min each.
2. In a deep casserole dish, add 2 cans of drained and rinsed cannelini beans, minced garlic, tomatoes, thinly chopped kale leaves, 1 lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary and chopped sage. Drizzle olive oil lightly over the mix and add about 1/2 teaspoon of course salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients in the casserole dish.
3. Remove the chicken from pan and add on top of the ingredients on the casserole dish. Sprinkle remainder 1 tablespoon of freshly minced rosemary over the chicken and add 2 wedges of lemon. Bake in oven for 50 minutes. After removing dish from oven, squeeze the baked lemon juice over chicken while its still hot.
Easy as putting peanut butter and jelly sandwich together!